Thursday, August 4, 2011

One of the best meals ever... in a gas station

In all of my spare time this summer, I have spent a lot of time dealing with food. Grocery shopping, cooking, researching recipes, baking, etc. I have also used Urban Spoon a lot to look up good restaurants in the DFW area. This weekend we were able to go to one of the restaurants-- Chef Point Cafe.

How to describe this place? It is fine dining that is literally located in a gas station. Apparently the story is the chef and his wife wanted to start a restaurant, but the bank wouldn't give them the loan as they had no experience in the business. But, the bank would give them a loan for the gas station. I believe it opened in 2003 and they have had to expand the restaurant section several times because this place is popular.

Let me tell you, the hype is not overrated! This place definitely goes into my top 5 restaurants ever! Chef Point Cafe is located in Watauga, TX, between Dallas and Ft Worth. If you're ever in the area, I highly encourage you check it out! And now for the food pictures.

Roasted Duck-- sooooooo good!

Matt's favorite-- apple pie & Dr. Pepper

What Chef Point Cafe is famous for-- their bread pudding. Which was pretty dang amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! One of my favorite restaurants is located in a car dealership.

    ReplyDelete