Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happily Ever After: The conclusion

Catch up on the past wedding & honeymoon recaps by clicking "Our Wedding" at the top of the page!

Though I haven't shown you all 600-something pictures we took on the honeymoon, I figure I should wrap this thing up. I start grad school next week and it will be good to start posting about real-life things! I hope I haven't bored you too much with random Disney things, and I promise they are not paying me to advertise for them (no matter how much it sounds like it). I'm just a huge Disney fan and think some people don't fully understand that it isn't just another Six Flags. But I digress...

Matt & his star cruiser Star Wars thingymajig

Would I recommend to anyone to have their honeymoon at Disney World? YES! But I would want them to know it is not your stereotypical honeymoon, though I guess it could be. For the most part, we got up somewhat early to hit the park when it opened, stayed fairly active in the morning, came back for a rest, then went back out to the parks in the evening. It was none of this relaxing-on-the-beach the entire time. That's not what Matt & I wanted-- I know I can only take sitting still like that for an hour, 2 hours tops.

The view from our room the last day

The castmembers really do go out of their way to make sure you have a magical vacation. All of their smiles & congratulations was worth way more than any other attention/free stuff we received.

The theming in the parks allowed you to just relax and escape to another place. No more thinking about random wedding details or the fact that we were about to move as soon as we got back.

We visited Epcot one more time on the last day... Mine! Mine!

But move we had to do, so we flew back Saturday evening. My parents picked us up at the airport, we opened all the wedding gifts, and then the next morning moved 4 hours away to the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Boo... we didn't want to leave!

So many gifts!

Overall- Disney World was an amazing place for our honeymoon. Our resort, the Boardwalk Villas, was the perfect location, the perfect view, the perfect room for us and there is nothing we would change about the whole week. Well, maybe the leaving part!

***Thank you so much for reading along with all these recaps, especially to those that commented! I tried to make a follow-up post with each comment, but if your's escaped, I'm sorry! Know that each and every one made me smile! And to those that read but didn't comment, don't be shy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the perfect honeymoon! We didn't take a honeymoon, but on our trips we don't like to just relax. We love to be out and doing things!

    ReplyDelete