Friday, August 5, 2011

All You Need is Love: We Dance, Dance, and Saw 'Em Off

Catch up by clicking the "Our Wedding" tab at the top :)

All pictures by Kasey Lynn Photography.

Matt & I chose to dance to Brad Paisley's "Then" for our first dance. I was unsure of how well I was going to be able to dance in my ball gown, but we managed :)

Take a listen while you scroll down the pictures-- oh and FYI we shortened the songs for the dances. I didn't want to dance in front of people for 5 minutes straight so we (Matt) just did fancy music editing magic.






We were able to do some fancy moves

Love this picture the photographer got of my parents

Next, my dad & I danced to "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw. Yup, typical song, but I am definitely a daddy's girl so it's fitting.





After that, we still had one very important dance to attend to-- The Aggie War Hymn. If you aren't an Aggie or familiar with Texas A&M, it is our fight song and it is tradition to do it at your wedding, especially if you are both Aggies. Since a lot of our guests are also Aggies, it was a lot of fun for us all to go out there and sing the War Hymn. Take a listen here.



Yes, that would be me 'sawing 'em off' in my wedding dress.
Saw varsity's horns off
WHOOP!

Coming up next-- cutting various baked goods

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, if we had actually done our first dance, it would have been to 'Then'. Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous first dance song and gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I didn't see your email anywhere, but CONGRATS - you won my Starbucks giveaway!!! Could you email me your address so I can send you the card? My email is epuma{at}pumalifeblog{dot}com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your venue is so gorgeous! Haha that is soooo neat that everyone sang and "saw em' off"?? I need to research what exactly this is, but this is so great what an awesome thing for everyone to get involved in!

    ReplyDelete