Sunday, August 21, 2011

Goodbye Mrs. Housewife

As you may know, I start grad school tomorrow. Well, it's orientation. My first class isn't til Thursday, but I have orientation basically all day tomorrow and Tuesday. TA orientation, Criminology orientation, my college orientation, etc.

It's bittersweet for me really. I'm excited to start doing 'something' and feel like I'm contributing to our household financially (thank you, fellowship!), but I'm going to miss being a housewife. I know, I didn't expect it either. I've always been convinced I would not be a stay-at-home-mom, that I would have a good job, etc. But now I'm not so sure it would be the worst thing ever. Not that I'm going to suggest to Matt we have kids now. Nope, not ready for that.

Maybe I've just been having an extended vacation for the past 3 months, where all I have to do is work out, grocery shop, cook, and clean. It's a pretty nice life, really. Tons of time to read, blog, and find new things to do. I'm sad to be losing this free time. It was hard at the beginning, when Matt would go off to work, do these new and different things, and I would just sit around playing housekeeper. But then starting in July I really started to enjoy it, especially when we started meeting new people through our church.

But it's good to be moving on. The schedule is not the greatest (I have night classes... boo!) meaning less time with Matt, but it just means we have to really make the most of our time we do have together. It will give me motivation to not procrastinate, to make sure I get as much work done as I can during the day.

As for this blog, I'm not going to let it die, no worries! I enjoy having my group of blog friends to chat to and I think I may need to rant at some point about things every once in a while!

So, as I close the door on one part of my life (the re-living of our wedding & honeymoon), I'm ready to start this new one. It will be hard and different I'm sure, but I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment