Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finalized Flowers!

If you've been following my wedding planning for a bit, you know that I have had a hard time selecting my flowers. Want a review? Here are the posts:

Post 1
Post 2
Post 3
Well, on Monday of spring break I got to meet with my florist. And within 5-10 minutes, it was DONE! Hooray! I had several inspiration pictures, but I knew which one was my favorite. She saw it and we discussed how to make it work for the bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres, etc. It's all done.


So now, without further ado, here are the beautiful flowers that will be in our wedding.


Inspiration picture for my bouquet:


Source
So, minus the weird wooden things sticking out of it & the way it is wrapped, that will be my bouquet! It will be made up of lavender roses, deep purple dahlias, and staphanotis. I love the bright color of the dahlias and that they give off a fresh, spring look. It really fits the feel of our wedding!


For the bridesmaids bouquets, the florist suggested lavender roses, cool water roses, and deep purple dahlias. The cool water roses look like this: 
Source
They're a bit pinker than the lavender roses, so it will bring more color to the flowers. I also think the bright colors of everything will go nicely with the bridesmaids' dresses (click here). 


So, those are the 'exciting' flowers, at least to me. Here are the selections for the rest of the wedding:


Groom's bout: 
White freesia; Source
Groomsmen bouts:
Purple freesia; Source
The purple freesia will also be used for the ushers', fathers', and grandfathers' bouts. The moms will have white roses and purple freesia. All the other floral will have a combination of these flowers as well. 


So, floral is done. I have learned my lesson: After picking something out, do NOT go back and look at more ideas. It will confuse you and lead to unnecessary time and sometimes money wasted. 


There's my lesson for the day!

2 comments:

  1. totally agree with your advice..I get verrry confused too! Love the purples you've picked!

    ReplyDelete