Friday, March 25, 2011

My love/hate relationship with Las Vegas, Day 2

Read up on Day 1 here: click me!

With Texas being two hours different than Nevada time, if it was 8 AM in Texas, that meant it was 6 AM in Vegas. So, I basically woke up every single day we were in Vegas at 6-6:30 AM. With no alarm clock. Sad, yup, but it made getting back to Texas time that much easier!

Anyway, so my mom and I wake up early, get ready, and head down to breakfast. Today was the first day of the conference, but the first session I wanted to attend didn't start til 11 or so, so my mom and I decided to explore the strip some more. We headed down towards the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian Hotel. Yes, the one with the gondolas. 


Fashion Show Mall, on our way to the shops

A gondolier in action

So pretty!
 After walking around for a while, it was time to head back. I went to a session, and then had lunch with my aunt and mom. Then it was time to change because I was presenting! After a brief wardrobe freak out (the original blouse I had brought to wear with my suit was NOT working), my mom saved the day and here is the result:

I finally look older than an 18 year old

Because I know you haven't seen a conference room before
 My presentation went really well, despite how nervous I was. At the end, the discussant (who had read all of our papers ahead of time) told me my paper was of Master's Thesis level! Woohoo! That was exciting to hear, especially when he didn't say that for anyone else. It was good getting to hear that and other positive feedback, but I also enjoyed hearing others' presentations. Maybe I'm in the right field after all!


Following my presentation, I went upstairs and changed because tonight was Beatles LOVE! We headed to dinner at Mesa Grill, the restaurant owned by Bobby Flay. It was soooooo good... 



Tuna steak... om nom nom
 After dinner, it was time for the show! Since it was St Patrick's Day, one of the fountains outside Caesar's Palace was dyed for the occasion.



Heading to Beatles LOVE!


The show was absolutely amazing! If you've never seen a Cirque du Soleil show, you should go. It was my first one and I was blown away. I have seen a lot of good shows in my life, and it was definitely in the top few. Especially since I'm a Beatles fan! The dancing, acrobatics, gymnastics, etc etc--- just fantastic.


And now to leave you with one of my favorite Beatles' quotes:
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Congrats on getting such great feedback on your presentation.

    I am so jealous that you got to eat at Mesa! I love Bobby Flay.

    ReplyDelete