Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Food, glorious food! Part 1

Sunday marked the magical 6 months until the wedding, so yesterday was the 6 months til we get to Disney World! [Read my previous post about our honeymoon here.] Disney World has the policy that at 180 days prior to your arrival, you can call and make your dining reservations. If you're staying on property, you can do what they call 180+10, where you make the ressies for that day you arrive, plus 10 days thereafter. 

This morning was the 180th magical day until we arrive at the Boardwalk, so I called bright & early at 6 AM, and after being on hold and listening to the peppy Disney music (a great way to start your day, BTW), we got all we wanted!

So now I present to you our amazing dining reservations. Because I know you care, right? :P Let me explain. I have grown up going to Disney World. Part of that experience for me is the food. If you've been, you know what I'm talking about. WDW really has some world class restaurants (Victoria & Albert's, for instance), but they also have some really fun and awesomingly themed restaurants as well, as you'll see below.

We arrive Sunday, May 29, and the plan is to hit up Epcot and eat/drink around the world. It's something I've always wanted to do, but silly drinking ages never let me. But now, we'll both definitely be old enough, so we'll walk between the countries such as Italy, Morocco, Canada, Germany, France, Norway, China, and Japan, sampling all the great food & beverages. Who can say they did that the first day of their honeymoon?

Source
France-- Source
World Showcase-- Source
 Then the next day, on Monday, we will have lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh, the Moroccan restaurant at Epcot. Complete with belly dancers.
Source
 For Tuesday, we are planning on eating at one of my favorite restaurants-- Sci-Fi Drive In. It's located in Hollywood Studios and the theming is such that you feel you are in the middle of a 1950s-era drive-in movie theatre. My parents can even attest that the previews they show are authentic. (Hi Mom & Dad! I love you!). In addition, their milkshakes are fantastic.


Back when Matt & I went, March '09
Source
The reservation for the next day has us eating breakfast at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort. They're known for their amazing Tonga Toast and the Disney-equivalent to the Hawaiian POG juice (pretty much the best thing ever; Passion fruit Orange Guava juice). Matt is a big breakfast eater, so I know he's pretty excited about that.


Om nom nom-- Source
Of course we're only halfway done, but I feel this post is long enough, so you'll have to wait to read about the most exciting meal ever. It's pretty much the one thing (food-related) I've been talking about since we mentioned going to WDW for the honeymoon...


Hmmm... I'm hungry now... I'm craving a mickey waffle, or perhaps a mickey ice cream bar... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment