Friday, November 19, 2010

Update!

Figured I would provide you with an update that is non-wedding related!

Last night I went with several girls for the midnight (more like 12:40) showing of the new Harry Potter movie. It was amazing!!!!! I'm absolutely exhausted, though, since my body is so used to getting up at 6:15 that around 7 it started wanting to get up. It completely ignored the fact that I probably got to sleep around 3:45 or 4 AM, and then kept on waking up.

But, about the movie, I kept on having flashbacks to the earlier films and how lighthearted they were. Remember this?

Source
Source
 Gosh, they look like babies! It's weird to think that my generation grew up with them. Now that they're older (wait, Daniel Radcliffe is only 21...), that means I'm older. That's just scary.

I submitted my first graduate application today-- mailed it to the University of Connecticut. It's due Dec 1 (I know, pushing it close!), but it was the weirdest app I had in that it required ME to send the official transcripts from each school I have attended. A&M was no problem, but getting the two from the community colleges I went to either in high school (dual credit) or over the summer (online course) was a PAIN. For instance, for the latter, in the space of 2-3 weeks, I requested at least 2 transcripts be sent to me. I only received one of them, and that was yesterday. It was major stress out time because I hate being so last minute about applications, too, in conjunction with stupid the stupidly slow mail.

But, it's done. The application is off. I'm exhausted, but last night was amazing. Now this weekend will consist of attempting to write a 20-page paper for my animal behavior class (hello octopi predatory behavior!) and attending the Texas A&M vs. Nebraska game, where we will beat the hell out of Nebraska! 

Source

Next week is Thanksgiving. When the heck did that happen? What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment