Friday, September 24, 2010

Priorities, priorities...

Or, how we managed to choose the invites.

This happened about a couple of months ago, sorry I'm just getting around to blogging about it! 

But, ok. In what I like to refer to as 'Jessica's Dream World Wedding' where budget is not an issue and I/we could have anything I/we ever wanted, I wanted the pocketfold invites. Here are some such ones:

Source
Source
I love how they have all the information just neatly organized... and it's so pretty! *sigh*

But, as I have learned through this wedding planning experience, I have expensive taste. Refer back to the registry post if you don't believe me. Otherwise, just ask Matt! Or my mother. I blame her for this problem... :P Anyway, so these guys run way over $2/per invite. Since I'm not a big DIY'er, there was no way I was going to make them. Plus, ultimately, they were not my number 1, number 2, or number 3 most important item that I should base a decent portion of the budget on. Thus, I had to bid them adieu, and hoped something better came my way.


They did! Though it isn't what I dreamed of for my wedding invite, they were definitely within the budget. They match the formality of the wedding. They are classy, yet simple. I'm fairly happy with them. Plus, most guests (except for other wedding planners like myself) don't really care about the invites, right? That's what my parents said to relieve my anxiety, at least. I'll choose to believe them, for minimum cognitive dissonance. [Yes, I just hyperlinked a psychology term, for all you non-PSYC people]

But sorry, you don't get to see them until April. I know, long time to wait, but I just feel like I shouldn't post them until the guests get them. 


So, have a good weekend!!! I've been getting over a pretty draining cold, so it is catch-up time for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment