Monday, March 5, 2012

How Netflix Changed My Life

In high school, I didn't watch that much TV, specifically the shows that everyone talked about at the time, such as Lost.The same goes for college. I just didn't have the time and my schedule didn't allow me to sit down every Tuesday night at 7 PM eastern/6 PM central to watch my show. I think the only show I considered mine were Mythbusters and that I only watched when it happened to be on Discovery and I happened to be free. 


Source
However, since getting married and subscribing to Netflix (as opposed to cable), my life has changed. I all of a sudden have shows now. It is a weird thing for me. All last summer, Matt and I watched the complete series of Lost. He had seen a few of the early seasons but I had never seen 1 episode. We had wonderful discussions about the smoke monster, or what we called ESD (Electric Smoke Dragon), and even had a Lost Finale Party For Two. 


Source
Also during my unemployed summer I started watching Glee and have since become hooked, watching the new episodes on hulu. I also started watching "Once Upon a Time." I saw a commercial for it somewhere and was instantly attracted to it. Um, a show all about fairy tales, come to life? I'm there and I'm loving it!


Now last week, Matt & I started watching from season 1, episode 1, How I Met Your Mother. Where has that show been all my life? I have heard various pop culture references to it (Legendary, anyone?) and now that they're starting to click, I feel like I'm slowly becoming part of the cool club. I know, I'm silly, but it is a fun, light-hearted show. 


source
And no, though I'm studying Criminology, I have not watched Criminal Minds. Again, the lack of cable thing. Plus, I typically find crime shows exaggerate real life, as medical dramas tend to do as well, so I'm not sure what I would think of it if I did see it.


So, what about you? What are your shows? Any show you started watching way after it started?

2 comments:

  1. We started watching HIMYM on Netflix too and are addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis and I just refer to HIMYM as "our show," haha

    ReplyDelete