I had my bridal portraits taken by Kasey of Kasey Lynn Photography. She had taken our engagement pictures in the fall (read about here), and all of the times I had met with her she was so sweet so I was excited for her to take my bridals!
After getting my make-up and hair done, and getting into my beautiful dress, my mom, one of my BMs, Kara, and I all headed down to meet Kasey in Old Town Spring. Here are some pics of the area so you can get an idea of the setting:
I'm so glad I had comfortable heels because it was a lot of walking. Combined with always picking my dress up, moving around was an interesting task. Kasey had me in several different poses, some more traditional and others a little different. As cars would drive by, I got several honks and people yelling at me! Quite a different afternoon!
I can't wait to see the pictures, though, as I know Kasey did an excellent job! And below are some tips for you brides-to-be to prepare for your bridal portraits:
- Trust your photographer. She/He may have you do some silly-sounding things, but they know what they're doing.
- Wear comfy shoes. I was glad to know my shoes will be great for the wedding day since I could walk several blocks in my heels!
- Have others with you. Since we didn't want my dress to get dirty, everytime I moved locations we had to pick up the skirt and that just required more than two hands. Plus, they were able to carry the veil/props/etc
- Confirm your hair and make-up appts a couple of days before. My hair stylist almost forgot about our appt because she doesn't normally open on Sundays. It wasn't a big deal in the end, but I was starting to get worried!
- Have fun! If you start to feel you're forcing the smile, think about your fiance' and that you are SOOOOO close to getting married. That'll do the trick!