Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cheese & Chocolate Make Everything Better

To continue our weekend of festivities prior to the beginning of the fall semester, Matt and I visited a nearby location of the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. I had tried fondue once a few years ago but Matt had never had it so I knew he was in for a treat!

The DFW area has restaurant week(s) where several area fine dining locations have a price-fixed 3 course meal where $7 of each meal are donated to a local food bank. We thought it would be a great time to take advantage of that deal and chose the Melting Pot as I had been wanting Matt to try it. Plus, we would get a good deal for the amount of food we ordered and I can't pass up a good deal! 

Anyway, our Saturday night dinner did not disappoint! It took us a little while to get used to the cooking your own food aspect during the main course, but we got the hang of it and enjoyed the delicious cheese, sauces, and of course the melted chocolate. Dessert is always everyone's favorite course, right?

But enough words. Here are the pictures of our delicious meal, via my lovely cell phone pictures.

The first course: green apples, various veggies, and bread
Main course: potstickers, steak, chicken, & shrimp plus a myriad of sauces
And of course dessert: strawberries, bananas, rice krispies, brownies, marshmallows,  pound cake, and cheesecake!
All done!
Yum! Just looking at these makes me want to go back like, now. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite places! Might have to take my hubby there when comes home for the weekend! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete