Monday, April 16, 2012

Ft Worth Food Park

This past Friday was Matt's turn to plan our date and he took me to the Ft Worth Food Park! Basically it's this little grassy alleyway where several local, gourmet food trucks come and serve delicious food. 






We had both heard good things about it, so I was very excited to try it and it did not disappoint!


Disclaimer- we had nice salads for lunch to balance out this dinner. And believe me, it needed balancing out.


We split two dishes from 2 different trucks. The first was the Ralph's Reuben Brat from The Butcher's Son. Oh my goodness, y'all- this did not disappoint. It was absolutely delicious! The sausage was beer-boiled, plus delicious sauerkraut, carmelized onions, and Russian mustard-- yum! 


The second thing we ordered we were very glad we split because wow, it is a monster. It's called the Back Breaker and it's from Lee's Grilled Cheese. If you can't tell from the picture, here's what's in it: mac 'n cheese, melted cheddar cheese, & BBQ pulled pork. Yup, delicious, cheesy, and the ultimate comfort food. 

If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend stopping at the food park! The trucks rotate regularly and the website has a calendar with what truck will be there. It's also BYOB so we are looking forward to going back with some friends and just chilling out. 

If you're not from the area, do you have anything like this? Gourmet food trucks seem to be popping up everywhere and I think I love the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that grilled cheese looks amazing! I have never heard of this but since I'm only 2 hours away, I should definitely GET ON IT!

    ReplyDelete