Thursday, September 29, 2011

Birthday Adventure

First, I'm about a week or so late on this post. I really don't have any excuse for not posting much last week except I didn't really feel like it. I apologize for ignoring my blog, and hope it won't happen again (unless grad school makes me).

Anyway, a couple of Saturdays ago Matt & I went to the Ft Worth Botanical Gardens. During the summer, we got a groupon for the Japanese Gardens. While the other gardens are free, this one had an admission cost. And wow---I can see why! It was absolutely beautiful and Matt & I had fun walking around, feeding the [ginormous] Koi fish, and just relaxing after a week of work & school.


So much greenery!
The fish... there were so many throughout the park and they were all decently sized



I liked the little turtle family :)


We walked around some of the other gardens, but as it was September in Texas, most of them were not as pretty/colorful. We will definitely have to go back in the spring! 


After our adventure in the gardens, we headed back home and waited for our families to arrive. We then went to Chef Point Cafe (which you may remember from this post) for my birthday dinner! We all really enjoyed our food, then came back to the apartment for gifts.


I had to blow out my invisible birthday candles!
One of our friends threw a little something in for Matt that he wasn't too pleased about. Hint- it had the word "Twilight" in it
Overall, it was a great birthday and I really enjoyed all the time spent with Matt and our families! :)

1 comment: