Thursday, January 5, 2012

Temporary Slow Down + Recommendations + Shopping Dilemma

As I said in my previous post, Matt's back at work but I'm still on winter break. A random fact about me- I don't like not having much to do. My to do list currently consists of only a few things, so I'm having to spread them out over this week and next so I don't totally go crazy. 


So asides from working out, cleaning, and cooking like a good housewife does, I've had plenty of free time to read, get hooked on a new TV series, and attempt to shop.


If you're looking for some book recommendations, I suggest the following:


Source
-The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the other two from the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Don't read them if you're squeamish, though-- some parts were difficult to read. I probably won't see the movies just because of the violence to be honest. However, the plot is really interesting and the protaganist, Lisbeth Salander, is fascinating (for a psychology nerd like myself).
Source
-Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. On a completely different note, this is an amazing true story of a young woman really letting God take control of her life. At age 18, she moved to Uganda and has since started a mission organization, providing children there with basic medical care, education, and food. She has also adopted 14 girls that need a loving home. Oh, she's currently 23. 
Source
-The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story by Ree Drummond. On a much less serious note, this is the cute and romantic love story of Pioneer Woman herself. Definitely a fun & quick read.


Shopping
I have a really difficult time shopping for specific things. In this case, it's purses. They're either too big, too small, too flashy, or too expensive. I want a slightly larger purse than what I have now, but NOT one that just has one main compartment with no organization whatsoever. The thought of constantly digging for things is not really appealing. My current purse also has the crossbody strap that I have fallen in love with it so that's also a desired feature. 


I have found that this reasonably-priced, medium-sized purse with an across-the-body strap does not exist. At least not in my neck of the woods. Any advice or suggestions?


Have you read any good books out there? Though I currently have four books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, I would love to hear your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment