Friday, May 2, 2014

Five for Friday

Well hello there! I figured I should come and say hi as it is a new month and all. How did that happen, by the way? I can't believe it's already May, especially as we just had another [mild] cold snap here in DFW. Had to break out the jackets and everything!

Anyway, on to our miscellaneous updates!
  • I am done with 2 of my 3 classes. Just have to finish a take home exam in the third one and I'm finished for the semester. Matt has 6 more days until he is done and will have earned his Masters. He isn't going to walk or anything so we're just going to have our own celebrations. The first will be when he gets home that Thursday as I have an awesome dinner planned. Then some point that weekend we're going to go out and actually do something for the more formal celebration. Should be fun!
  • Remember when my door handle fell off? Well I heard back from Hyundai and they are going to reimburse us the repair cost! Hooray for good customer service :)
  • My aunt from New Orleans came into town this past week so we had a lot of fun hanging out with her for a few evenings. We got to go to a Texas Rangers game Monday (hey, everyone needs study breaks, right?) and even though the Rangers lost, we still had a blast. 

Amazing weather & view!
  • Comps prep is really getting started now. The plan is to read and study for 8-9 hours/day during the week, work half the day on Saturday, and then take Sundays off. We'll see how it goes. It's definitely getting real now-- I even had a nightmare about comps on Wednesday night!
  • May is going to be a busy one for us! We'll be celebrating Matt's graduation, making a quick weekend trip down to Austin, packing, and moving. No, we haven't started packing yet. We've been putting it off until Matt was done with school. Plus we don't have that much stuff so hopefully we can get it packed quickly.
What do you have going on this month? Any trips or graduations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment