Thursday, May 8, 2014

He Is Done!

I told you we had something to celebrate today! As of 10:30 this morning, Matthew will be DONE with his Master's degree! He has to take his last final this morning and then that's it. Completed. Finished. Accomplished. All those good verbs. 
Texas A&M Graduation
And I'm just going to brag on him because he especially deserves it today. He did his Master's degree while working full-time which definitely wasn't easy. Even if he had to stay late at work, he still came home, watched the online lectures and/or worked on homework, and still made time to hang out with his wife. It took 2.5 years because he could only take classes part-time, so that was 2.5 years of not being able to relax, of having to do homework on the weekends, taking off of work to go to exams, and any number of other things grad students have to do. Matt got through it while only rarely complaining (seriously, rarely) and did awesome in his program, too! Plus we're still happily married which is a huge bonus :)

Matt with his senior design plane.
I know, more undergrad pictures!
He isn't going to walk across the stage and get his diploma, so we're going to have our own celebrations on our time. I will be cooking him an amazing dinner to surprise him with tonight when he gets home. Tomorrow we are going to dinner and a movie, both of his choosing, though I'm pretty excited about both. It should be perfect-- just relaxing and spending time together with minimal worries about school or work!

Recent photo, January 2014
I'm sure I will have some fun things to report! I hope you also have a great weekend celebrating Mother's Day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Matt! I feel "our" castle on the Rhine is getting closer..... Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete