Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Goals- Please Help!

For this summer, I have some goals for myself. If I don't write about them here, then I won't get them done. I'll just sit down in front of the laptop or the TV and stay there for hours until Matt gets home and I wonder where the heck the day went. So that's where you come in-- you get to hold me accountable!
  • Read. I have a lot of reading to do, both academic and for fun. As a concrete goal, I want to read 2 chapters a day. 
  • Grill. We got a grill for Christmas and I think we've used it twice. Both times were delicious, it's just not something I think about. So I want to grill every other week. Any suggestions for me? Meat, veggies, fruit, fish ideas?
  • Work out. I did pretty well about working out during the school year, but I did mainly cardio. I would love to work in more weight-training in my routine, so maybe do that 2-3 times/week.
  • Watch less TV. That goes with some of the above. It's not good for me, but it will be hard to do that when it gets really hot outside. Guess that's where the reading comes in.
  • Find new lunch options. I have a feeling both Matt & I will get sick of meat & cheese/PB&J sandwiches soon, so I'm looking for new healthy ideas that Matt will be happy to eat.
  • Clean. I hate that I have to include this on the list, but it's true. I need to get better about following a cleaning routine, including weekly vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the counters and bathroom. 
So any ideas of how to do these things and to hold myself accountable to these goals? Any lunch or grilling ideas you would like to share?

1 comment:

  1. Grilling fish is best if you get a basket-thing to keep it from falling apart into the fire, & wood chips/sticks will add flavor. Mike & I do catfish filets and salmon mostly; go easy on the seasoning (a little lemon-pepper is good); watch closely coz it cooks fast; cook more salmon than 1 meal & you can make a really good salad the next day. Of course, this is from the eater, not the cooker..... Paula

    ReplyDelete