Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Living up to my name

My blog name, that is. Not Jessica. Not sure how to live up to that name. It just kind of is. Anyway...


I know my posts have been lacking in substance the past few weeks. It's just that there isn't much going on. Matt works, I write papers, read countless journal articles, do statistics, etc. On weekends, we tend to be lazy because we just want to spend quality time together. That makes for rather boring blogging material though. Except for my cooking. You do get to hear about that. [There is currently baked potato soup cooking away in my slow cooker as I type. Expect that post soon.]


In lieu of having current events to write about, I'm going to confess some things to you. How does that sound? I hope you said good, because that's what you're getting!



  • I can't use chopsticks. Seriously. I have tried, people have tried to teach me, followed by more attempts, always followed by failure. My only conclusion is something is wrong with my hand. 
    • Random embarrassing story: when I was in Las Vegas last March, we went to a Chinese restaurant. They saw me attempting to use the evil sticks of wood, and brought me out the training ones. You know, like these: 
Source/ Embarrassing, no?
  • I am one of those people. You know, the type that listens to Christmas music pre-Thanksgiving. I typically don't, but something was different about this year. Maybe it's because we put up our Christmas decorations as soon as we bought them. 
Source
  • I don't drink carbonated beverages. I also stay away from caffeine. That does limit my beverage choices-- I have gotten many a strange look from baristas when I request a decaf coffee at 9 AM. But I figure I don't need the caffeine, so why start? I do make exceptions sometimes on the caffeinated beverages, but if I drink any post 3 PM, I cannot sleep.
Source
  • Last night I watched "Sister Wives" on netflix, you know, the polygamy show. Dude. The social scientist in me finds it way too fascinating to be normal.
Source
  • I like statistics. I haven't gotten far enough in my graduate classes to be doing the advanced stuff, but I'm pretty excited about them in my own nerdy way. 
OK, that's enough confessions for today. Can't scare away all my readers/friends/family! :P Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally the same way about caffeine! Can't drink it past 2pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, the decorations in your formal living room are fabulous! Paula

    ReplyDelete