Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Firsts & Lasts


So today is the first day of my last semester as an undergrad. This has been the catalyst for some significant thoughts.

I will be getting married to my best friend in approx 4 months and 2 weeks.

Unless something unexpected happens, the longest time I will be home (i.e. at my parents' house as their dependent child) will be four days.

I will be graduating from Texas A&M University with a BS in sociology & psychology in 4 months.

This semester, I will find out where I'm going to graduate school.


This semester, Matt & I will discover where we're going to live post-honeymoon. (Yeah, that's right. We still don't know)


I am taking my first graduate-level seminar this semester.


I will finish my honors thesis this March.


I will present my thesis at a professional conference in Las Vegas, NV.


I get to see Spamalot with a good friend tomorrow.


I get to go to one last semester of Breakaway.


I get to spend one last semester with my closest friends in the same city.

I get to spend one more semester making mistakes and learning about myself, the 'real' world, and most importantly, God. (It most certainly won't be the last, either)

Of course as I type this, I realize that NONE of these things are guaranteed to me. I am incredibly blessed to get these opportunities, no matter how bittersweet it all appears. And for those above blessings and many, many others, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment