Figured I should resurface and let everyone know we are alive. The summer heat has really come upon us here in Texas but I guess it is July (dude, how did that happen?). To be honest, my lack of posting has been less to do with being too busy and more to do with not much blog-worthy things going on. With that said, here is a collection of random comments and happenings for you to read this hopefully-happy Wednesday.
- Comps prep is going well. Most of my days are spent reading (mostly) interesting articles. The days when I make flashcards are the most anxiety-provoking as I have 2 300-flashcards-holder boxes basically full already. Memorizing isn't going to be fun, but let's not think about that til later, k?
- We are prepping to leave for Washington, DC in a few days. Matt will go down first for his work-thing and then I will follow him a few days later. It is going to be a whirlwind couple of days that we're there. Unfortunately, there are too many things to see, too many places to eat, and not enough hours in the day to see them all. Oh well. We know that going in so hopefully we can still have a good time!
- Speaking of my husband- he got a promotion/new job! He applied for a new job within the same company about a month ago and found out last week that he got the job. He is really excited about the new job and I'm so proud of him! :)
- We went swimming in our new pool this past weekend and had a great time. We wondered why we had waited to long to do that and bought some cheap pool toys to play with next time we go. Because deep down, we're still kids.
- I officially started my half-marathon training. I went from running 2-3 days a week to running 4 days a week. My legs & feet definitely felt that transition last week but I'm still glad to be doing it. Ask me in about 2 months how it's going-- the answer may be different!
- Our Fourth of July was pretty relaxing. We went out to a movie and dinner beforehand, then came home and watched the NYC's fireworks show on TV. No crowds + AC + PJs made us happy!
There may be other things but those are the highlights. Do you have any DC tips or suggestions for us? We were fortunate enough to get tours of the White House, the Capitol, and the Supreme Court. Plus I really want to go to the zoo so I can see one of these guys! Cross your fingers that we get lucky!