Friday, October 11, 2013

Five Things Friday

I haven't written anything in a few weeks so I figured I should pop in. No better time too than to give a quick rundown of what's been happening lately.

1) How is it already October 11? I was emailing a professor yesterday and almost asked how the beginning of his semester was going. And then I realized we're halfway done. Can't be...

2) I will probably be taking my comprehensive exams a year from now as opposed to spring of 2015 as originally planned. This is pretty scary to think about though everyone tells me I will prepare enough and be fine. I will have to devote a later post to describe comps in detail, but let's just say it involves 6 months or so of studying straight. You get 2 chances to pass and if you don't, you're done. Talk about pressure!

3) I'm so looking forward to this weekend! We will be going to a friend's son's 1st birthday party and it should be a blast. Cute babies serve as a great study distraction!

4) I've been reading this book called Newjack for my corrections class and it's really interesting. Best part, it's written by a journalist so it's not as dry as some books I've read. If you're interested in the life of a prison guard, I would recommend it. 

5) It seems we are in the middle of the autumn baking season. Thankfully my husband is pretty awesome and is supportive of such endeavors. The hard part is picking what to bake...

This may be on the agenda...
So what does your weekend have in store? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll pass your exams with flying colors! And that book sounds really good! I need to find out if they have it at my library. I love reading stories that are relevant to my job like that. You should also look at Cop in the Hood-- it's about a guy's first year as a police officer in the ghetto in Baltimore. It gets a little political about drug legalization, but otherwise, it's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete