Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Epic Date Part B

This past Saturday night Matt & I finally got to complete our Epic Date of 2013 (Part A here)! We got all gussied up and headed to Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine in Fort Worth. The original plan was for Epic Date to be actually 1 date-- we would eat dinner at Bonnell's and then spend the night at the Omni. Due to unforeseen circumstances, it had to be split into 2 separate events. I didn't mind though-- meant more time to explore the Omni and 2 awesome dates to look forward to instead of just 1! 


Anyway, we had an amazing Texas-themed meal and enjoyed every bite. The quality of the food is as good as any other fine dining restaurant I've enjoyed, just with a Texas twist. It really made for a unique experience and the service was awesome as well. I highly recommend it if you're ever in the area. 

Matt and I split 3 of our 4 entrees (what, we can't split dessert!) and still left absolutely full. We started with the appetizer sampler where we got to choose 4 of their appetizers. From top of the plate clockwise, our selections were the Texas Bruschetta, Elk Mini Taco, Venison Carpaccio, and Oysters Texasfeller. 



We also split a small salad as it came highly recommended to us. No picture but it was topped with a jalapeno and garlic vinaigrette and queso fresco. Not spicy at all, just very well-flavored and delicious!

We ordered the mixed grill for our entree. It automatically comes with their housemade Andouille sausage and grilled quail and we chose Bison Tenderloin to complete our meat selection. It was also served with green chile cheese grits and grilled cactus. The grits... oh my goodness! Everything was honestly so good and we both finished every last bite. The entree came with some cornbread with jalapeno bacon butter. I definitely used the cornbread to soak up the demi-glace as I figured it would be un-ladylike to lick the plate. Matt's favorite was the bison and I was especially partial to the Andouille. 


For dessert, Matt had the apple crisp and I got the caramelized banana sundae. They make their ice cream in-house and that was honestly my favorite part! Both desserts were awesome and the coffee we ordered was also quite good. 

Yay birthday candle :)
They were very generous with their apples in the crisp.
So there you have it. Matt did an excellent job in planning our Epic Date(s) and I'm so glad I got that quality time with him. Now to go dream about another meal at Bonnell's... Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Are you gonna take me there next visit? And I have to ask: did Matt try the oyster appetizer? Love, Paula
    P.S. - this post was more enjoyable than the last about being healthy; you HAVE TO indulge your Nawlins roots sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those desserts sound heavenly! well..everything sounds really really good, but right now my sweet tooth is taking over! Sounds like such a romantic date-night. so glad you got to have that time!

    ReplyDelete