Friday, June 21, 2013

Five Things for Friday

I hope you had a great week! Here is my weekly collection of 5 things, just for you!

1) This week has been exhausting for my poor husband. He had to work a lot of overtime this week, so that + taking 2 summer classes = tired, busy Matt. For me, that means a lot of entertaining myself, which I have been able to do by reading  for fun (!), going shopping, and ruining cookies. More on that later.

2) We are excited about this weekend yet again. Why? Because I have these tickets: 

Yes, my Disney love lives on. We can't wait til Saturday! 

3) We're also going to a concert Friday night put on by the Ft Worth Symphony. It is at the local botanical gardens and this particular one is a laser light show set to music from Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. Sounds like it will be a great night to me! 

4) For the first time ever, I had to throw away a batch of cookies. It was so sad. They came out undercooked and if I baked them longer, the edges would burn. When recipes state how big of scoops to make each cookie, you should follow that advice... 

5) Don't you love it when that shirt, skirt, book, accessory, etc finally goes on clearance at Target? Yeah. That happened to me yesterday. This pillow (yes, a throw pillow of all things) I've been eyeing for a month or so at Target finally went on sale. I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on it but $13.98? Sold! I love this pillow a lot more than the old one so I'm a happy girl. 
It's a lot cuter than the crappy cell
phone pic shows, promise


So that's my week in a nutshell. What about you? Any good purchases lately? Weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment