Friday, June 14, 2013

Five Things for Friday

I hope everyone had a great week! Me? I'm just pumped for it to be Friday. It has been a long one... Anyway, here are some random happenings in our life lately.

1) Yesterday I felt like baking as well as spoiling my husband (he's had a rough week, guys). So I made him his favorite-- oatmeal raisin cookies. Thankfully I'm not one who minds raisins in her cookies, so it works out. Anyway, I used this recipe (just subbed raisins for the chocolate chips) and they are absolutely delicious. Highly recommend :)
Yes, you get the cell phone pic today. I
assure you, they are tastier than they look.
2) Yesterday was awesome for another reason-- my shoes came in! Due to my new hobby of running, I've been having some foot issues. Along with getting 2 steroid shots in my foot (don't recommend, BTW), I have been in the slow process of replacing my shoes. My two immediate needs were tennis shoes (which I got from a local running store) and sandals. I used to live in flip flops up until this incident, so it has come as quite a shock to not have them anymore. Anyway, at the recommendation of a fellow runner, I went to our nearest Walking Company store and purchased some (pricey) sandals. They had to be shipped though, but it was worth it. I wore them like slippers yesterday, they're that comfortable. And cute, right?

If you want a better angle than this, click here
3) We bought a traditional coffee maker several months ago to make decaf coffee at night. We have a Keurig, but don't like paying for K-cups, hence the 'old-school' coffee machine. Anyway, I started making decaf coffee around 2 in the afternoon, sticking it in the fridge to cool down, and come about 8, 9 at night- bam! Homemade iced coffee. It's great to have while relaxing with Matt at the end of the day. It's the little things, right?

4) I have an Android phone, mainly because when I bought my first 'real' smartphone, I didn't want to pay $200 for an iPhone. However, the new iOS 7 that was released... I kind of want it. The Control Center aspect is particularly cool... It makes my 2 year old HTC phone and its lousy battery life look pitiful.

5) We get 2 date nights this weekend, which I'm pretty excited about. With Matt working late a lot and then having to do school when he gets home, quality time has been lacking lately (hence why our decaf coffee time is so valuable). So not only do we get to do our traditional date night tonight, with whatever Matt has planned, but we will have a second one Saturday night thanks to an attractive Groupon. Gotta love those deals!

What about you? Anything exciting happen in your life? What about plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal raisin cookies! (But I'm weird and don't care for chocolate too much...) And I agree-- the new iOS 7 looks so cool. Hope you guys have great date nights this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto for the raisins! I thought my cook/husband was the only one who DOESN'T like raisins in oatmeal cookies. I'm going to give him your recipe anyway.... Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum those cookies look delish! and I like your new sandals cute! Hope you had a successful date night this weekend! Those are def. necessary especially when you're so busy!

    ReplyDelete