Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Miscellaneous Wednesday

Yes, I know the title is a little boring but it's the best I can do. I have comps brain bad and wanted to write down a few non-CRIM related things before I go crazy.

  • Comps brain? Oh it's a thing. One, all I want to talk about sometimes is comps. I have a little under 4 months until the test and I'm already completely absorbed by it. Two, my brain is mush. There are so many other things I need to be doing and just can't. 
  • We aren't traveling for the next month and I couldn't be more excited. I have loved getting to see cool places and visit with family, but between schedules getting off, not being able to study, and eating way more than I should, it hasn't been the best thing ever. I'm excited to spend some more quiet weekends at home.
  • Speaking of weekends at home, this past Saturday Matt & I hosted some friends over for dinner. This was especially significant because they were friends older than us. It was the first time we've had people older than us that weren't family over for dinner. It just felt very adult-like and dinner party-esque. Thankfully it all went well and we had a great time. 
  • Don't go to prison or jail, k? Really don't commit crimes. Very unpleasant things occur. I've been transcribing interviews of those formerly incarcerated and am very glad to be the very prosocial, law-abiding person I am. 
  • Running 5.5 miles on a treadmill is SO boring, but it has been too hot lately to do any of my runs outside. 6:30 AM, 80 degrees outside or more plus decent humidity? No thanks.
  • The half-marathon training is going well other than that. Plus I got Matt to sign up for a 10K with me in October! Very proud of him :)
  • We just booked some trips- one in December and one in May 2015. Very excited to be going back to this place:

Gatlinburg, TN! We just went a few years ago, but know we will
be wanting another restful vacation following the next few months
We are very excited to be heading back to the Smoky Mountains!
I'm looking forward to more hiking and exploring
And Matt's looking forward to more delicious breakfasts at our beloved B&B
Hope you have a great Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment