Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Break!

It is our spring break and I am so glad! No, I'm not going anywhere but I'm looking forward to not having to go to campus and getting to catch up on work. It is mid-semester and so I have projects and readings to work on this week! It will be nice though to have more time with Matt and we're going to spend it apartment-hunting and getting some much needed shopping done. 

Here are some more random happenings in our life.

  1. I'm making risotto for dinner tonight. I've never made it before so I'm pretty excited to try something new. I'm using this recipe if you're interested. I figured Matthew would be game because it has bacon in it. 
  2. As I mentioned, we will be apartment hunting soon. We are pretty happy with the place we're in right now, well minus the occasional management/other tenants issues, but we are needing a separate room for a study so I can go in full retreat-mode to study for comps. Here's hoping we can find a place that fits our criteria!
  3. We enjoyed a new-to-us BBQ place on Saturday night and I'm still thinking about those ribs. If you're ever near Arlington, I highly recommend Bodacious BBQ!
  4. I found out my comprehensive exams will most likely be the end of next October or early November. We were expecting them to be at the beginning of December so I will be kicking it into gear ASAP.
  5. I miss our families! This semester hasn't allowed us to visit any of them and it looks like we won't be able to until the summer. Hopefully the next few months should fly by so we look forward to seeing them soon! Except possibly my New Orleans relatives... not sure next time we'll be in Louisiana!
  6. We will be going to Washington, D.C. this summer for a very quick (i.e. 2.5 day) trip. I am taking any and all recommendations for places to visit and places to eat. If you have any suggestions, comment away!
I hope your week gets off to a good start and I look forward to seeing any DC recommendations you may have! In honor of that trip, here are some things I know I want to see:
I'm married to an aerospace engineer. Of course we're
going to the Air and Space Museum; source
Already emailed our congress person to get a tour; source
The National Mall and all its monuments; source

1 comment:

  1. IF you can add a day to your trip, you NEED to go to Paramount King's Dominion north of Richmond -- lotsa coasters, and especially save time for riding THE VOLCANO as many times as you can. I guarantee it's more fun than the White House! And if ya'll can't get to Nawlins, guess we'll have to make a BBQ run to north Texas..... Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete