Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Update!

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good Monday, well as good as one could hope being that it is Monday. Figured I would pop in and give my readers (AKA our family and other hold outs) a quick update!

  1. Texas finally gave us a beautiful weekend! After freezing last Wednesday & Thursday, the sun came out, temperatures crept into the 80s(!) and Matt and I took full advantage. Well, not full as we still had to study, but we did take a lot of walks around the park system near our apartment. There is a large dog park near our place and it was fun to see all the dogs playing with each other!
  2. We did a decent amount of cooking this weekend. We made this dish on Saturday in the slow cooker and let me tell you- it was delicious! Bacon + BBQ sauce + apples, slow cooked all day, made for some delicious chicken breasts! Highly recommend it!
  3. I'm sure there will be a blog post coming later when I can completely wrap my mind around this, but I think I decided what I want to be 'when I grow up.' I want to be a professor. Eek that's still terrifying to write but after doing a lot of praying and talking with Matt & some profs at my school, that feels right though downright scary. Anyway, that's all I'll say on that point.
  4. We are taking a big family trip to Disney World next January, and last week Matt & I signed up to run the Family Fun 5k! It isn't too competitive or anything, but we get to run through Epcot which will be awesome! Let me know if you have any creative costume ideas- we want to do shirts of some kind but not sure.
  5. I wrote 18 pages in two days. That has to be some sort of record. Yay white collar crime!
I think that's about it. Because I can't leave this post without any pictures, here is a pic I stole from an Epcot 5K in the past. So excited!
source

1 comment:

  1. hey lady! so happy to have stumbled across your blog, its adorable! ANNDDD i am your newest follower hey hey! Hope you can stop by mine sometime!

    xo, Kelsey Belle

    www.happiereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete