Monday, August 24, 2015

Dog Update

For those that are curious, the dog that was featured in my previous post did make it back to his home!

On Saturday afternoon I received a call from the owner's daughter who said a friend saw one of my posts about the dog on Facebook. I had to tell her the sad news that we didn't have the dog anymore; he was with our city's animal control. The animal control's policy is they give a 72 hour window for the owner to claim the dog before they are released for adoption. It was literally just at 72 hours when I got the call, so I was hopeful they would be able to get their Yorkie back. I gave them the case number, and that's the last I heard.

Yesterday afternoon I texted her and asked if she had gotten him. She had! Yay! I was so happy and the daughter also got the dog chipped for her mom, so we/they won't have to go through this ordeal again. Even though he was with us for a little under 24 hours, we quickly fell for him and we're so happy he is back home where he was clearly loved and well taken care of. 

I mean, how can you not love that face??

No comments:

Post a Comment