Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fall Challenge #13- Lemon Chicken

First, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Now it is officially Christmas season. Expect a Christmas decoration post soon :)


Earlier in the week I made this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Life with the Edwards. If you haven't read her blog, go-- she is so sweet! Anyway, I had been meaning to make this recipe for a while and I'm so glad I did-- very delicious and not too difficult to throw together!






Lemon Chicken from here
Ingredients:
-5 tbsp olive oil
-3-4 lemons, depending upon your slicing skills. I used 4
-4 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-3/4 lb green beans (you can use fresh, I used 3 cans of whole green beans, drained)
-8 small red potatoes, quartered. Or more, if you want.
-4 chicken breasts
-Lemon pepper seasoning I didn't have this on hand, so I used herbes de provence seasoning and it was delicious!


Instructions:
-Preheat oven to 450 & spray a baking dish with cooking spray


-Reserve one lemon for juicing and slice the others. Lay the lemon slices in a single layer on bottom of dish
I need to work on my lemon-slicing skills
-In large bowl (I used a gallon size bag), combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper


-Add green beans and toss to coat, then using tongs, remove beans and arrange them on top if lemon slices
I liked using the plastic bag-- easy clean-up!


-Add quartered potatoes to olive oil mixture and repeat. Arrange on inside edge of dish on top if beans [it will give your meal this fancy-from-a-magazine look haha]


-Place chicken in olive oil mixture, toss, then place chicken in dish


-Sprinkle whichever seasoning you're using on top of dish
Ready for the oven!
-Roast for 40-50 minutes. If necessary, remove chicken and continue roasting potatoes/beans. [I roasted everything for 40 minutes and it was done]
Yum! Also, look at how pretty that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment