Lessons we have learned:
- Something is always broken.
- Literally the night we get back from our anniversary trip one of our alarm sensors break. As a result, we can't set our alarm. Due to all the rain, the alarm company is flooded with service calls (apparently rain does weird things to alarms?) and they can't fix it for another 10 days. #FirstWorldProblems.
- During this time, my garage door decides not to open automatically. Call our home warranty and set up an appointment for the following Monday to get it fixed. We receive advice that it could be the sensor. Matt does something to it (magic, I'm sure), and it now works. #YayForSavingMoney!
- Always bag the bones.
- So it turns out just throwing trash into the garbage can doesn't guarantee it will fall out into the garbage truck.
- You will go on dates to Home Depot and Lowe's.
- See above. #YayForFlyRepellant
- Get to know your neighbors.
- You may have to ask them if their dog is up-to-date on their rabies vaccines. (Don't worry, they were.)
- I know
- Lawn care
- Electrical 'stuff' and GFCI outlets
- Insect infestations
- Granite counter tops
- What, they have to be sealed?
- Your parents & Google know everything.
- See all of the above