Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Trip to Hogwarts

Happy March! We'll ignore the fact that it's almost mid-March, k?

I just got back a few days ago from a fun trip to Orlando. The intended purpose of the trip was to attend a Criminal Justice conference, but my family & I used it as an excuse to have a mini-reunion and visit Harry Potter at Universal Studios! Matt had to stay at home and work, so it was just my aunt, my parents, and myself. We had a blast though and I really enjoyed my 1 day of play. Don't worry, the other days I did attend the conference, and even presented some of my own research. That was my last conference presentation as a graduate student, so that was surreal. Anyway, on to the pictures (I apologize for the cell phone quality)!

We started off at Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure,
where we rode the Forbidden Journey.
This was the front of the Hogsmeade train station;
the train (Hogwarts Express) took you to Diagon Alley located in Universal Studios. 
The Hogwarts Express!
Now we are in Diagon Alley. I'm standing in front of Gringotts Bank,
with an awesome fire-breathing dragon on top of it. The ride located in
Gringotts (Escape from Gringotts) was absolutely phenomenal! 
My aunt, Paula, standing with the driver of the Knight Bus!
In front of 12 Grimmauld Place
The level of detail in Diagon Alley was pretty astounding.

Elsewhere in Universal, soaking in the Floridian sun!
The family at dinner that night. You can't tell, but we are absolutely exhausted
And proof that I was at the conference. Yes, this is
where our conference was located. I lead a rough life.
And just because. This was located at the resort we stayed at.
I had a great time and I loved getting to spend some time with my family! Mixing the conference + family time was a little strange at times, but we made it work. :) Next conference... Washington, D.C.! 

1 comment:

  1. VERY fun! How much of a royalty do I get each time someone looks at my picture? Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete