Monday, November 25, 2013

Atlanta!

Wow this month went by fast! I can't believe it's already the week of Thanksgiving. We will be celebrating with my family so I'm excited to go down and see them. I haven't been home since this summer so it has been a long time coming!

I just got back from a trip to Atlanta where I attended an annual criminology conference. I presented some of my research, attended some really interesting panels, and got to spend some time with good friends. Overall it was a great trip! On Saturday morning before I flew home I decided to walk a few blocks and visit the Centennial Olympic Park. It was the one touristy thing I got to do and I'm so glad I did it. I'll let the pictures speak [mostly] for themselves. 




Unfortunately I didn't have time to go to the aquarium
but I have heard it is awesome!
The creator of Coca Cola outside the World of Coke

THE COLORS! This Texan couldn't believe the gorgeous
colors of the leaves. I miss it already.
 I got to have brunch at a restaurant called the Flying Biscuit with some friends from college and it was SO good. I took this picture for Matt but since I talk about food a lot on here, I figured I would share it. Two eggs, grits, chicken sausage, oatmeal pancakes with peaches, and a biscuit. All so good and very reasonably priced. Don't worry, I didn't eat all of it but I'm still dreaming about that biscuit... yum! If you're in Atlanta, I highly recommend it!
I hope everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment